A versatile nutrient-dense choice for plant-forward meals, these garbanzo beans (or chickpeas) are sold dry. Yes, it's quick and easy to just open a can, but once you've cooked with dried beans, you'll never go back!
Here are some of Timeless Natural Foods' suggestions, in order of cooking time, from shortest to longest:
- InstaPot/pressure cooker: soak overnight (about 10 hours) and cook for about 12 minutes at full pressure
- InstaPot/pressure cooker: cook without soaking for about 1 hour
- Stovetop: Soak overnight (about 10 hours) and simmer for 2 hours
- Stovetop: Short soak (boil for 5 minutes then let sit for 1 hour) and simmer for 3 hours
- Slow Cooker: 4 hours on high heat or 8 hours on low heat
Grown Certified Organic by Timeless Natural Food farms in Montana